Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I should be doing Laundry

And yes, Laundry in our house is spelled with a capital letter!

Instead of doing laundry I spent some time catching up on Blogs, finding new fun ones to read and being VERY inspired! I have not been super inspired in a long time crafty wise so I am very excited to have inspiration again!

The first thing I did was head on over to dollar store crafts -- I found this blog a week ago and immediately had to go to the dollar store.

There I found these:

Added a little black spray paint. And came up with these:




While I had the black matte finish spray paint out, I painted this not sure what I was going to do.


Then I saw all the silhouettes all over the place. I love a good silhouette, in fact that is what we made all the childcare Mom's for their Mother's Day Present! But, I had already painted the box black and the traditional way is to make the silhouette black, and I wanted something a little different anyway.

So I found some "antique" clip art (my original idea was a page from an antique book, but I am loath to rip apart books for anything) and


cut out a silhouette of Hannah

and then used a little mod-podge, added a H



and tada, a silhouette box, my way!

And, here it all is put together!


1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I just love how the brain works to come up with such cool ideas! Great job :)