Friday, September 18, 2009

Stash Busting!

So, in all my excitement for Christmas Knitting, I have decided to do a little -- ok, a lot, of stash busting! My stash is not overly huge, but, I do need to use this yarn I have already bought:) (so I can buy more!)

Already I have knit a few things, a hat , a soap holder ,
a purse and I finished the socks I started back in July. I have also started another hat ( I am thinking I will have a lot of hats for Christmas Presents!) and a Henley T-shirt! For the Henley, I am using the yarn from Dahlia that I have to frog due to an extreme size change! Yeah for weight loss!

In all my stash busting excitement I spent the last few days going through my stash, finding patterns that are good for the yarn and matching them up; this is what my office floor looks like right now:



I can't wait to get started, there are some very cool patterns in that pile!

I also tried recycling yarn for the first time! I found 5 sweaters, 3 of which would not work (they were all felted and tough to pull apart and the yarn was breaking) the other 2 I got tons of yarn from. Some pink for a sweater for Hannah and a TON of gray for something, not sure what yet!


On a different note, Handmade, one on the LYS I go to, is closing! :( On the bright side, everything is 50% off! Yeah yarn shopping spree:)

2 comments:

Knitty Daisy said...

Oh wow! 50% off?! Good thing you are working on that stash! There needs to be room for all the new great yarn!

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]