Thursday, February 12, 2009

Swallowtail is Finished! Yippie!

Late last night I did something I thought I would never be able to do -- finish a large lace project using little needles and thin yarn! But, I did it, all thanks to a super encouraging Secret Pal! Without my secret pal sending me the yarn and pattern, I probably would have given up on lace.
Well, it is done and I don't hate lace anymore, I actually was thinking of what my next lace project was going to be while I was casting off the shawl! I do have to say I am not in love with the nupps.

So, here it is in all of her glory. I have a few people to show it to and then it will be flying off to my Grandma in Hawaii!



The photos with the red background are while it was blocking and the photos with the black background are after it had dried. It is not perfect, but, if you are that close to the shawl to see the mistake (in the nupps section) then you are too close:)

4 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

It's beautiful!! Way to go Tami!

mari said...

Beautiful! Congrats on finishing. :)

Anonymous said...

You did a beautiful job!!!

Anonymous said...

By the way that last comment was from me. I knew you could do it.

Your Secret Pal.