Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Yarn, FO

This weekend was a blast. First I made it to Fuzz!! Thursday just as some very sparkly very new sock yarn was being pulled out of the box. Of course I bought a skein and am killing myself for not buying one of every color. I am going to be at Fuzz again on Friday night and if there is still the yummy sparkly sock yarn it will be going home with me!



I also bought some Ultra Alpaca for a hat I had found on Ravelry that morning. It turned into Habitat by Jared Flood. I love his designs and love this hat! I ordered some Swish Worsted from Knit Picks so I can knit the Hemlock Ring Blanket.



Saturday I went to Handmade too and they were having a surprise sale -- 40% off anything pink, white or red. It included books and all yarns. I just about lost it in the store, but, since Larry was with me I was VERY good:) I only bought 1 skein of yarn and 2 magazines. I got the new Debbie Bliss Magazine and I must knit LouLaBelle Bag. It is so cute. Yarn wise, I bought a skein of Rowan Kidsilk Night in Pink. Since I finished the swallowtail I have been eying more lace patterns and the Rowan is something I would probably never buy at full price, so since it was on sale I had to buy some and now I just need a project to match.

Well, back to the cabled sock I have never made the 2nd one for. I must finish those so I can knit some with the sparkly yarny goodness from Fuzz!! (So I can buy more of it guilt free:)

4 comments:

Story Teller said...

The Rowan is yummy. Come to think of it you have excellent taste. Love your new hat. Hugs

Story Teller said...

You are in such trouble young lady, library thing. See you there.

Story Teller said...

Tami I was joking with you about being in trouble. Your not its the "library thing" on your blog. I joined yesterday. Hugs

Kenyetta said...

Love the yarn!