Sunday, January 04, 2009

Something Accomplished!



Back in November we had the house painted. Most of the walls are a very pretty tan color and i had 1 wall made into a red wall (I have always wanted a red wall:). The plan has always been to make the red wall a picture wall. I saw this very cool picture wall kit online. All you did was buy the kit and it came with the frames and a piece of paper that you hung on the wall so you would know where to put the nails in to hang the frames -- thus eliminating the holey wall that normally happens when I hang pictures:)

Well, the price (over $1000.00 for 6 frames) was a little much. I decided I could do the same thing with some blank newsprint and it worked! All the pictures line up well and look very cohesive.

Here is what I did -- got a piece of paper the size of my picture area( my area was 6x4) and then laid out the frames on it till they looked how I wanted them to. Then I traced around each frame and marked where the hanger was on each frame. After that, we hung the paper on the wall, made sure it was level and made the holes in the wall for the nails. Then we ripped the paper off the wall and hung the pictures. A total piece of cake:)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture wall is beautiful!! I like how you did it, very clever!!!!

You sure did a lot of FOs for 2008. All of your projects were very nice.

I see that you started the swallowtail shawl. I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I forgot to sign the last comment. Sorry.

Your Secret Pal =)

Story Teller said...

I love your wall! You have a wonderful week also.

Kranenburg Family said...

That is freakin' smart. And cute. Nice job!