Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Crocheting

I promised it was coming! I have been wanting to learn beyond the single crochet edging I can do around things I have knit so I could do more things around my knitting:)

Last week at a knitting group I have been going to, I learned how to do crocheted flowers and added some cute white ones to Hannah's mittens, scarf and hat set. The snow blossoms are so incredibly cute and made me want to learn more.


So, I have been eying this pattern. All crochet and so cute. I thought I would make a super wonderful strawberry purse instead of the acorn, but, alas, my crocheting started out super tight like it is supposed to be and then each time I picked up the project the crocheting got looser. I think this phenomenon has something to do with me wanting to go faster and the faster I went the looser I got:) So, the bag became a hat after I added some flowers, a little tight on Hannah, but it fits a 2 year old perfectly. So, with not further ado, here is the first crochet project I have ever done:

No comments: