Sunday, November 09, 2008

Yeah! It's Done!

I finished the River and Woods Afghan today. I elected not to put the tassels on since it is for a man and the tassels are a little girly:) It will be flying it's way to Hawaii this week!


It looks so beautiful!


I also went to Michaels today -- they are having a HUGE Yarn Sale! The best thing -- Patons SWS for 1.50 a ball! WOW! I got a bunch of yarn for Christmas gifts. Now, since I have all this yarn, I have 5 pairs of slippers, 2 hats, 2 scarves and 2 pairs of mittens to knit:)

1 comment:

MarieAngel said...

The Afghan is gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing it!

I wish there was an LYS nearby that I could pick up good knitting yarn that cheaply. Lucky you!

I have a lot of Christmas knitting to get done as well. Still a lot more fun than fighting in the stores for stuff that will be looked at and likely abandoned a few weeks later.

You can always count on a scarf, mittens, hats and socks to be worn :)