Saturday, November 08, 2008

Secret Pal 13 Questionnaire!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love natural fibers, wool mostly. I mostly use worsted weight or larger right now, but I do love sock yarns. I have been looking for a good cotton sock yarn that I could use to make my son some socks -- he thinks wool is too itchy.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have this great set of pillar candle holders that hold my straight needles. My circulars I hang in a circular needle holder and my DPN's are in a fabric roll.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for 5 yearsish, a friend taught me the basics and then after a few years of not knitting much I rediscovered knitting and taught myself pretty much everything I could find! I am advanced intermediate -- I can knit most things, socks, cables, lace (as long as it is not in lace weight yarn!) etc.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yep, here is the link.

5. What's your favorite scent? Vanilla and Cinnamon, I don't like flowery scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yep, Chocolate with Almonds.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I scrapbook and make cards and like to alter objects and I also sew. I do not spin, yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Mostly Alternative. Switchfoot is my favorite band. Yes, I can play MP3's

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love Pink, Red, Black, Blue, Green etc. I am not a big NEON or Primary color person -- I like muted tones more.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Husband, 2 kids Boy and Girl 8 and 6. No Pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all:)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I have been loving fingerless mitts lately, I do want to venture into mittens and maybe gloves.

13. What are you knitting right now? An Afghan and then I have some Christmas Gifts to knit.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yep, who doesn't.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like Circulars and I prefer Addi Turbos.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to Both!


17. How old is your oldest UFO? a week:)

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas is my favorite Holiday and obviously the Winter Holiday I observe.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really unless you count yarn.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? My amazon wish list has a bunch of books I would love to have. Yarn wise -- some Malabrigo, I can't get it locally and want to try a small amount before I order a bunch! I don't have any magazine subscriptions right now. But, I do buy most of the knitting magazines when they come out!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I have been having a hard time with lace and lace charts, so maybe if you know a great resourse for those I would love to learn.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yep I knit socks, when I find the perfect pattern! 9"around and 9" long!

23. When is your birthday? July 10th!

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yep, tami-knits is me

No comments: