Wednesday, November 05, 2008

River and Woods Afghan

I started knitting this afghan for my Grandpa on Sunday and I am almost 75% done with it. I was super worried I would not finish it while he was still alive, but, I have almost this uncontrollable urge to knit the afghan. I cannot seem to put it down! I knit for 4 hours straight last night -- I never sit and knit for that long. As soon as dinner was done, I sat and watched the election returns (Yeah) and knit and knit and knit. This morning when I got up, my back hurt so bad from sitting hunched over the afghan -- it is too heavy to lift very far.

I guess I think this is weird -- I have never before had this compulsion to knit something, ever!

2 comments:

MarieAngel said...

It's simple, the afghan is needed more than you know. You will have it done in time. Do not despair.

Cheering you on!

Tamiknits said...

It is almost done -- only a few more squares left to knit. Yesterday when the kids saw me hunched over my knitting, trying to knit like a speeding bullet I told them I was knitting a hug for my grandpa and I needed to get it to him fast!