Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Presents.....

So, Last minute, for me at least, I decided to knit several things for Christmas -- normally I would start in August. Think weekend I finished a few of the presents. I knit some coasters for my SIL and some slipper socks for Anders. Today I started a scarf for Hannah (see previous post:).

The Coasters are based on the One Car Ride Coaster pattern. I made mine about 50% bigger, I had started knitting the pattern and realized than after felting, they would be tiny, so I just did them a little bigger and they turned out the perfect size. I used Manos in a beautiful navy and got 7 coasters from 1 skein:)

The Sipper socks for Anders are a free pattern from Plymouth Yarns. Knit in Bernat Camo yarn -- they are super soft (I have knit him stuff before that is too itchy, so I went with an acrylic that felt really soft to see if he is just picky or is really sensitive to wool!)

The kids are both getting scarf, Hat and mitten sets for Christmas -- Hannah's will be pink of course and is knit in Caron Simply soft (I made the mistake of knitting her a wool scarf once-- never again -- it was ruined in the first week and I can't get it clean!) The flare ribbed pattern is so cute and if I can get he hat and mittens to work out, I will post the patterns for all to enjoy!

On the SP13 front, I am so excited for it to start and am waiting anxiously to see who my partner is.

2 comments:

Ariel said...

I tried felting squares once and they ended up quite wavy. Yours look terrific.

knittinwolf said...

Love the coasters! The socks are awesome too! great job!