Friday, October 03, 2008

Ode to eggs, cookies and pancakes.

One of the things that has happened over the last month is a surprise! I found out I am allergic to egg whites! I have never had a food allergy and then suddenly I do. I was super shocked. Over the past few weeks I have been cutting eggs out of my diet. It is shocking to me the amount of things that I love to eat that have eggs. I figured cookies and other fun things like that would, but did you know Snickers have eggs in them! Of course deviled eggs and eggnog (2 of my favorite foods) are out. Also, pancakes have eggs in them too! I love pancakes. I think that is what I miss the most, pancakes. In fact, I ate some this morning and now I am not feeling so great, In fact, I don't like pancakes anymore!

On the plus side, I have lost 20lbs since we found out about the allergy -- not eating all the yummy things will do that to you!

I know that I can find egg free pancakes, cookie recipes, mayo and more, I am just a little scared to try them. I have a jar of canola-oil-based-vegan-egg-free-mayo in the pantry that I am too scared to open and try! I don't know what it will taste like and I know it won't be as good as regular mayo.

1 comment:

Dani Pace said...

my sister-in-law and mother-in-law, are allergic to the glutten in wheat flour. You get used to different tastes. They can tell a difference, but they no longer mind it.