Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh my Gosh! OH MY GOSH!!!!

I finished something!!!!

Yesterday, I flew to Seattle and rode a Bus to Bellingham to meet Larry and the kiddos, they have been gone all week. Then today, I rode a bus to Seattle and flew home! So, what that means, I had several uninterrupted hours of knitting time! I cannot think of the last time I have been able to sit for hours and knit, and then actually finish something:)

What did I finish, well the candle flame scarf! LOVE IT! This scrumptious scarf is knit with size 8 needles on a worsted soy/wool blend! The yarn is a very pretty variegated purple explosion! The yarn came from ebay, and the ball wrappers were blank. The seller told me she got it at SWTC's outlet store and it was a prototype that they did not like:) I now know why they did not mass produce this baby -- the fiber is super weak, I had a ton ton ton of breakage, a little frustrating, and also the reason it took forever to knit. I just kept putting it down when the yarn would break.

So here are some pics of this scarf that got all my blood, sweat and tears! And, now onto bigger and better things:)

A Close-up for the texture



And, the whole shebang!


and the secret pal 12 Question of the Week!
Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair? Would you ever consider it?
Nope and Nope. That was an easy question!


And, I forgot in the last post, my secret pal also sent me 2 books a few days ago! She sent 101 Designer One skein wonders and 101 one skein wonders! Thank YOU Secret Pal!!!

No comments: