Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sepcret Pal 12 Week 2 Question

As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?

When I was a kiddo, I loves the freedom of summer. Both of my parents worked full time, so I had a blast during the summer. I could pretty much do whatever I wanted, as long as my chores got done. My most favorite thing to do, lay outside in the sunshine with a good book!


On another topic, I could really use a pick me up -- this whole lay off thing has got me down. I know we will be fine (The severance is pretty good), but, it is still stressful. I am not sure how to handle this -- I have never had to deal with a layoff involving the major bread winner in the family. We have a plan -- we will run the childcare business together and make the same amount of money, but still, I am stressed. you know, the whole best laid plans of mice and men:) Larry is no help at all -- He keeps telling me that I am choosing to feel the way I do and there is nothing to be stressed about -- he obviously is not a woman! Darn Men! Thanks for listening to me gripe and complain, I just keep trying to think of all the positives -- Larry will be home at night now:), we will not be destitute, the kids will not have a "single" mom anymore and on and on -- I know I have a lot of blessings!

Have a joyous day:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men just don't understand the stability that we women have to have. I am praying for you and keeping my fingers crossed. This is just one of the many times in our life that we have to trust in the Lords plan for our lives.
Your Secret Pal!

Anonymous said...

There is a pick me up on it's way! I just ordered you something fun from my secret pal from last round. I hope you like it!
Your Secret Pal!