Saturday, May 31, 2008

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire!

Secret Pal is starting again! I have been wanting to be in a secret pal swap for ever, but, I always miss the sign ups! I found them in time this time! Yeah! So here is the questionnaire!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love to knit with natural fibers, cotton, wool, silk, bamboo, etc! I do not like anything that is novelty.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My straight needles are in a pillar candle holder, my DPN's are in a roll up fabric holder and my circulars are in a thing that hangs on a hanger on the back of my door. I do not use DPN's very often at all, in fact I cannot think of a time in the last few months I have used them since I figured out magic loop!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? A friend taught me to knit the knit and purl stitches and then I learned the rest through trial and error and from books. Recently I taught myself to knit the continental way of knitting. I have been knitting for about 5 years and I would say I am intermediate/advanced. I can do all the fancy stuff -- it just takes me way longer to do it!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do have an Amazon Wish List Here.

5. What's your favorite scent? Vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, a big one. I love chocolate, especially mint chocolate or anything with almonds!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I like to scrapbook, papercraft, sew, quilt etc! I have tried most everything, except spinning, I am afraid of the spinning.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like most kinds of music and I do have the ability to play MP3's. My genre I buy from most on iTunes is called Post-Grunge.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love black, Pink and Red. I do not like Orange at all or neon colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married, have 2 kiddos ages 6 and 7. I do not have any pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves hats and Mittens, not Ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit anything with cables and I am learning to love lace. Socks are fun, but I only knit from the toe up!

13. What are you knitting right now? I have a Candle Flame Scarf and a pair of socks for Hannah OTN.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes, handmade gifts that are made for me are fun to get!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use straight bamboo needles for dishcloths and other small items, and I use Addi Turbo Circular Needles for everything else. I do not use DPN's.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, I do!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I think I have been working on the candle flame scarf for several months, I just keep putting it down for other stuff!

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, seriously, I have yarn I will never knit with, it is too pretty!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? My Amazon wish list has my books I want, but I mostly want the Harmony Guides on there:) I currently have a subscription to Creative Knitting and would love one to Interweave Knits

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would love to more proficient at lace and color work.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, big feet I have:) 9 in Circumference and 10 in length.

23. When is your birthday? July 10th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes, tami-knits

No comments: