Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Zucchini

I decided to make zucchini bread today and I was grating up all this zucchini and then I got out the cookbook and realized that I didn't need as much zucchini as I thought, so I have made 5 loafs of Zucchini Bread! I fuond this really great recipe in the process, so I thought I would share it with all of you. It is from a cookbook I found long ago called "Zucchini Time" FYI -- I make mine without the nuts.

Zucchini Bread

3 Eggs
3 tsp. of Vanilla
3 cups of grated zucchini
1 cup cooking oil
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. soda
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. Cinnamon
3 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup pecan pieces

Beat eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Mix Lightly but well. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add dry mixture a little at a time to the wet mixture until blended. The turn in nuts. Bake in 2 greased loaf pans at 325 for 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes.

Hope you all get a chance to enjoy some zucchini bread!

No comments: